This e-mail was sent on 4th of March 2020 to all Estonian citizens
The Estonian Health Board is sending you essential information about coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you have recently returned from a risk area or have been exposed to someone that might be infected, please stay at home for two weeks and monitor your health. More information on risk areas is available at https://www.terviseamet.ee/en/coronavirus-risk-areas.
Please bear in mind that it is currently the flu season, and various viruses and colds are spreading, causing symptoms similar to those of coronavirus.
In case of fever, coughing or breathing difficulties consult your general practitioner (GP) or call the GP helpline: 1220 (calling from abroad +372 634 6630). Do not forget to mention if you have returned from a risk area in the last 14 days or if you have had contact with people showing symptoms of the disease.
The symptoms of coronavirus are fever, coughing and/or difficulty breathing. The virus is transmitted among humans via respiratory droplets – coughing and sneezing.
For most people, coronavirus causes mild symptoms. However, the elderly and people with a weakened immune system are more at risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly with soap and warm water.
- Stay at home for self-treatment if you are feeling ill – that way you are protecting yourself and others from the illness.
- If you are feeling ill, then rest. As with flu viruses, sufficient rest usually works best.
- Avoid contact with people with symptoms of the disease.
- If you suspect you might have caught the virus, do not go to the emergency room (ER) – you could put others at risk. Instead, consult with your GP or call the GP helpline: 1220 (calling from abroad +372 634 6630)
The most accurate and up-to-date information on coronavirus can be found on the website of the Estonian Health Board: www.terviseamet.ee/en/covid19.
More information about sickness benefits: CLICK HERE
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation
The Estonian Health Board